At Halfway Mark, the government’s UDAN project is in operation

0


At Halfway Mark, the government's UDAN project is in operation

The UDAN plan is far from the goal of upgrading 100 airports by 2024

On October 21, the government launched the Regional Connectivity Program (RCS) – UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik), which aims to connect smaller cities with airstrikes to provide the best possible airline or ‘Aam Aadmi’ air travel. 2016.

Under this, 100 new airports and heliports and water aerodromes are to be built between 2019 and 2024 in support of the UDAN project. Apart from this, after four rounds of bidding, 780 valid routes have been allotted to the listed airlines.

The Airports Authority of India has set aside about Rs 25,000 crore for five years, from 2019 to 2024, to operate 100 new airports, heliports and water drones.

At present, out of 780 valid routes, only 359 are operational, official sources said.

The update on airports shows that although nine airports will be created in the 2019-20 financial year, 14 airports have been created with the proposed target of 26 airports to be set up by the third quarter of 2020-21 (i.e. December 2020). Will be generated in that financial year.

In the current financial year (2021-22) and 2022-23, 20 airports each and 25 airports are expected to be built in 2023-24.

Therefore, according to the information provided by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, up to December 2020, only 23 airports were created under the scheme, which is halfway through its tenure.

As far as the identification of airports under the UDAN scheme is concerned, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has stated that it is a market-based scheme under which interested airlines submit their proposals at that time, based on the assessment of demand on specific routes. Of the auction.

RCS – An airport included in UDAN’s provided routes that require upgrade or upgrade to enable RCS operations, developed under the “Revitalization of Unused and Low Service Airports” program.

The UDAN scheme is funded by levying a tax of Rs.50 on air tickets on major routes. The levy is 80 per cent of the reliability gap fund provided to airlines and the remaining 20 per cent is provided by state governments.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here