The England team, led by Joe Root, has agreed to tour the Ashes in Australia, ending several weeks of speculation about their participation in the AUD 200 million series due to Covit-19 restrictions in Australia, the leading daily News reported.
The trip went in the right direction on Tuesday following positive talks between the representatives of the players, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), Cricket Australia and the Australian Government.
During the talks, the concerns of English soldiers about strict COVID-19 protocols were addressed.
The Daily Telegraph reports that a team of England players led by Root has already committed to the series.
The report added that only Jose Butler, who expressed his concerns about the tour and his long absence from the family, could be the only England player not to agree to travel.
Star all-rounder Ben Stokes is retiring from the game and cracker Joffre Archer is injured.
On Monday, the ECB said their team would travel to Australia for the Ashes series in December and January only if its top players were in the squad.
The ECB said it would announce this weekend whether the tour would continue amid concerns about restrictions in place in Australia due to the epidemic.
The five-match Test series runs from December 8 to January 18.
Until Tuesday’s development, the fate of the tour was unclear, with many senior English players considering the possibility of boycotting depending on what kind of restrictions they rest on.
Last month, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson questioned his Australian envoy Scott Morrison about the Ashes travel ban for the families of England cricketers during a diplomatic visit to Washington DC.
Australia plans to ease border and isolation controls by the end of this year, with at least 80 percent of its adult population receiving the two Govt-19 vaccines.