About 100 people, including 51 children from Chhattisgarh’s Ansula village, were admitted to hospital on Wednesday on suspicion of food poisoning.
They complained of diarrhea and vomiting after attending an event at the home of the headmaster of a government primary school in their village.
At health centers, patients were given intravenous drops.
Collector Doman Singh reached the community health center in Pithora and met patients who are now said to be in no danger.
“We inspected the ward here. Most of the patients admitted to the Sangra health center have been discharged. The chief medical health officer has also been called,” Mr Singh told NDTV.
The Collector has asked the District Collector to conduct an investigation and submit a detailed report.