IPL 2021: KL Rahul completes his IPL 2021 campaign with 626 runs in 13 matches.© BCCI / IPL
The league stage of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 ended on Friday. Four teams – Delhi Capitals (DC), Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will defend their places in the playoffs and advance to the final. Conditions in the UAE tested the bats within their range, but it also brought out the best in them when their teams needed them the most. Hot and humid weather and slow and dry pitches made it difficult to get to the thunderstorm, but with proper use, run preparation has gradually become easier.
Take a look at the top 5 run scorers so far in the league stage of IPL 2021:
1. KL Rahul:Rahul displayed a masterpiece of batting on a slow pitch in the United Arab Emirates. He made batting very easy and sometimes runs shyly, with other teams sweating in the middle. Rahul finished the season with 626 runs in 13 games and is currently at the top of the pile.
2. Faf du Plessis:Du Plessis has so far scored 546 runs in 14 games at an average of 45.50 with five fifties. His calmness and activity in the early stages of the game helped him accumulate runs on the ball.
3. Shikhar Dhawan: Dhawan’s consistency is one of the reasons he lives on the list of top five runners so far this season. The senior opener has given DC an incredible start and has so far scored 544 runs in 14 games at a strike rate of 128.
4. Rudraj Kejriwal: Throughout the season for CSKA, Cook was a pillar along with Du Plessis. Kejriwal’s maturity surprised everyone and he has scored 533 runs in 14 matches so far.
5. Glenn Maxwell: As the IPL moved on Maxwell slowly descended into his abyss. Batting alongside Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, Maxwell is still popular with 498 runs in 14 games at a strike rate of 147.33.
Topics mentioned in this article