Prince Andrew will have the opportunity to reconsider the 2009 settlement agreement, which he hopes will protect him from a civil lawsuit alleging he sexually abused a girl under the age of two.
In an order Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Loretta Presca in Manhattan allowed Andrew’s attorneys to obtain a copy of a secret agreement between the late financier Jeffrey Epstein and the prince’s criminal, Virginia Cufre.
Geoffrey also accused Effstein of abuse.
Epstein’s estate, the Duke of York, the second son of Queen Elizabeth, agreed to review the treaty, but court approval was required.
The prince, 61, has not been charged and has “categorically” denied Kufrey’s allegations against him.
Prince’s lawyer Andrew Friedler said in an email that he expects to receive a contract from Kieffrey’s lawyers soon.
At last month’s hearing, Bradler told the judge overseeing Geoffrey’s that he believed the deal “relieves our client of any liability”.
Lawyers for Giuffre did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
One of the lawyers, David Boyce, said in a judgment filed in a court last month that he believed the solution was “inappropriate” for Kaufray’s case against Andrew.
Kiefrey, 38, has been accused of forcing himself to have sex with a teenager at the London home of Eisenstein’s longtime partner Kislyn Maxwell.
He said Andrew abused himself at Epstein’s mansion in Manhattan and on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands.
Andrew faces a deadline of October 29 to formally respond to Keffrey’s lawsuit, which calls for unspecified damages.
Epstein, a registered sex offender, committed suicide in August 2019 at the age of 66 while awaiting sexual assault charges at a Manhattan jail.
Maxwell is not guilty of recruiting underage girls to abuse Epstein. His trial in Manhattan Nov. Scheduled for the 29th.
(This story was not edited by NDTV staff and was automatically created from Syndicate Feed.)